CPJ may collect data about you when you:
- Subscribe to receive our e-mail alerts or monthly newsletter;
- Make a donation online;
- Register to become an advocate at Speak Justice;
- Communicate with us via e-mail, phone, mail, etc.;
- Use this website;
- Otherwise provide information to us either online or offline.
The information we collect may include:
- First and last name;
- Telephone number(s);
- E-mail address;
- If you donate, payment details including credit card information;
- Website usage data and other related technical information (e.g., IP address);
- Other information you may provide to us.
CPJ does not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under 13 years old without parental permission.
In the ordinary course we will use your personal information only for the following purposes:
- Providing you with e-mail updates about our work, including CPJ newsletters and other publications.
- To facilitate your participation in specific CPJ programs for which you may register, such as the Speak Justice: Voices against Impunity campaign.
We may also use your personal information in other ways if we have obtained your consent, or if applicable law requires us to do so.
It is possible that a governmental entity or a private litigant may attempt compel CPJ to disclose our users’ personal information. While CPJ ordinarily will endeavor to protect such information to the extent reasonably possible, CPJ reserves the right in its sole discretion to challenge or to comply with such attempts as it deems appropriate in the circumstances.
Although CPJ endeavors to use reasonable technical and administrative security methods, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you provide to us.